One patient was severely burned in a hospital fire

0
31

HER on the 23rd. AND IN BURLINGTON, ONE PERSON IS IN THE HOSPITAL WITH SEVERE BURNS AFTER TRYING TO SMOKE A CIGARETTE. IT HAPPENED AT NIGHT AT ALAMANCE NURSING FACILITY ON HILTON ROAD. OFFICIALS SAY THE RESIDENT WAS ATTEMPTING TO SMOKE WITH MEDICAL OXYGEN, WHICH CAUSED THE INJURY. OFFICIALS SAY THEY FOUND NO FIRE, BUT THERE WAS SMOKE IN THE BUILDING. OFFICIALS SAY RESIDENTS OF AR

A nursing home caught fire after a resident tried to smoke inside

The Burlington Fire Department said a patient in care suffered severe burns after trying to smoke cigarettes while on medical oxygen. Crews said they responded to a possible fire at a structure on Hilton Road at approximately 3:00 a.m. Saturday. They said it happened at a major medical center in Burlington. Fire departments arrived just over 3 minutes after being dispatched. When they arrived, they said they found Alamance County EMS units already working to evacuate residents. Investigators said when firefighters searched the building, they found light to moderate smoke in a room across the hall. They also found a patient with severe burns. The victim with burns was taken to the hospital. His condition is reported to be stable.

The Burlington Fire Department said a patient in care suffered severe burns after trying to smoke cigarettes while on medical oxygen.

Crews said they responded to a possible fire at a structure on Hilton Road at approximately 3:00 a.m. Saturday.

They said it happened at a major medical center in Burlington.

Fire units arrived just over 3 minutes after departure.

When they arrived, they said they found Alamance County EMS units already working to evacuate residents.

Investigators said as firefighters made their way through the building, they found light to moderate smoke in a room across the hall.

They also found a patient with severe burns.

The victim with burns was taken to the hospital. His condition is reported to be stable.

One patient was severely burned in a hospital fire

Source link One patient was severely burned in a hospital fire