RALEIGH, NC (WTVD) – Fed up with one of my presenters Lauren Johnson, brought a quiche that looked delicious, and I said, “Hey! Can I have that recipe?” and she said, “yes, I’ll send it to you.” Do you feel like you were there? Anyway, she sent it to me and it was delicious. Let’s get to it:
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into approximately 1/8 inch slices
1 t canola oil (or other oil you like)
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
5 oz bag baby spinach
1/2 cup milk
1/4 t of salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t crushed red pepper
2 egg whites
1/3 cup sliced cheddar cheese
9-inch pie plate
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Line a pie plate with Pam and arrange the sweet potatoes in concentric circles
3. Spray the potatoes with Pam and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. While it’s in the oven, heat a skillet on the stove over medium heat
5. Add the oil and let it heat for a minute, then add the onion and cook for three minutes
6. Add the spinach to the pan and cook and stir for a further three minutes, then remove from the heat
7. Add eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and milk to a bowl and whisk together
8. Pour the onion-spinach evenly over the potatoes.
9. Pour eggs over potatoes
10. Place pieces of cheese on top of the cake
11. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, being careful not to spill it when putting it in (I stank, literally)
12. Let stand for 5 minutes.
It was so good and the sweet potato gives it a great flavor plus if you are gluten free it is gluten free. Good things. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2023 WTVD-TV. All rights reserved.
Big Big Weather Recipe: Lauren’s Low Carb Quiche
Source link Big Big Weather Recipe: Lauren’s Low Carb Quiche