Renesas Electronics Corporation has announced the SmartBond DA1470x family of low-power (LE) Bluetooth solutions – the world’s most advanced, integrated system in the world of the System-on-Chip (SoC) family for wireless connectivity.
The DA1470x family is the only solution Bluetooth LE a place to integrate a power management unit, hardware voice activity detector (VAD), graphics processor (GPU) and Bluetooth LE connection into one chip. This combined feature provides smart IoT devices with the most advanced sensors and graphics capabilities, as well as continuous, ultra-low-power, always-on sound processing.
The new family is perfect for wearable devices such as smart watches and fitness trackers; glucose readers and consumer medical and medical devices; home appliances with displays; industrial automation and security systems; and Bluetooth consoles such as electronic bicycles and gaming equipment.
“The DA1470x family extends our successful strategy to integrate more features, including more computing power, expanded memory and improved power modules, and VAD for continuous wake-up and command word detection,” said Sean McGrath, vice president of communications and audio. Business department in the division of IoT, industrial and infrastructure company Renesas. “This multi-functional SoC product family allows developers to push the boundaries of connected consumer and industrial applications and secure the future of their IoT products to meet the needs of multiple applications while optimizing their inventory.”
The high level of integration further leads to significant cost savings on material specification (BoM), allowing the use of cost-effective system solutions. It also reduces the number of components on the PCB, allowing smaller form factor designs and freeing up space for additional components or larger batteries. With fewer components on the PCB, the reliability of the system is increased, which reduces the total cost of goods sold (COGS) of the final product.
The SmartBondDA1470x family is already gaining market recognition. For example, the DA14706 is at the heart of the recently released Xiaomi Mi Band 7 with an attractive 1.62-inch display, 192 × 490 AMOLED, 120 sports modes and a 15-day battery life for normal use.
- The multi-core system is the Arm Cortex-M33 processor as the main application core and the Cortex -M0 + processor as the sensor controller.
- Built-in 2D GPU controller and display that supports DPI, JDI, DBI and Single / Dual / Quad SPI interfaces.
- Configurable MAC with Bluetooth LE 5.2 support and patented 2.4 GHz protocols.
- The built-in 720 mA JEITA compatible USB charger supports lithium-ion / lithium batteries.
- Built-in low-power SIMO DC / DC converter PMU efficiently provides internal system and external components
- VAD equipment with ultra-low power provides continuous and constantly included sound processing
BLE SOC includes PMU, VAD and GPU
Source link BLE SOC includes PMU, VAD and GPU