In recent years, Apple has expanded its services to be available not only on iOS devices. It all really started with Apple Music, which is available on Android and other platforms. And now Apple TV Plus has joined the fun, available on a variety of TV platforms as well as Android and Android TV.
It is one of the cheapest streaming services and now it is available on most platforms. So is it worth subscribing? Let’s figure this out Everything you need to know.
What is Apple TV Plus?
Apple TV Plus is a premium subscription service from Apple. Who, like everyone else, decided they also wanted to get into streaming. This is an ad-free platform. Although the platform has some promotions for content at the beginning of each episode. You can skip them, but I like them because they help me learn what else to watch on the platform.
The name Apple TV Plus in itself is confusing. There’s also an Apple TV app, as well as an Apple TV set-top box that sells for $ 149. And honestly, they could come up with a better name for their streaming service.
Apple TV Plus vs. Apple TV app
So there are three versions of Apple TV. There’s the Apple TV set-top box, the Apple TV app, and then Apple TV Plus. Here’s what each one does:
- Apple TV: This is a premium set-top box from $ 149. It allows you to broadcast various things from Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube TV and more. Two models are currently available: one in HD and then a 4K model. both of which are also available in 32GB and 64GB sizes.
- Apple TV app: Now the Apple TV app, which is available on every platform, is a free app that is mostly a hub for content from a variety of streaming services. Think of it like Google TV or Fire TV.
- Apple TV Plus: This is a subscription service that has Apple Originals. These are series and movies produced by and / or for Apple. They do not license any content yet. This explains why their service now has so few options.
How much does it cost?
Apple TV Plus is actually quite inexpensive. That’s just $ 4.99 a month or $ 49.99 a year in the US. And this can be shared with everyone in your family account at this price. So, despite the fact that the library is now quite small, it is still worth getting. Here are the prices in some other countries:
- USA: $ 4.99 / month, $ 49.99 / year
- Canada: $ 5.99 / month
- United Kingdom: £ 4.99 / month
- Europe: 4.99 euros / month
- India: rupees 99 / month
- Australia: 7.99 A $ / month
Where is it available?
Apple TV Plus is now available in more than 100 countries. Which is very impressive, as it was launched in 107 countries and did not expand later. Here is the full list.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
How can I register?
To subscribe to Apple TV Plus, you can simply open the Apple TV app on your iPhone, iPad or Mac. Or you can go to this site subscribe. Just click the “Start Free Trial” button to get started. It will ask you to log in to your Apple account, and if you don’t have one, you’ll need to create one. It will of course ask for your credit card information so it can charge you after the free trial.
Which devices are compatible?
Apple TV Plus is available in Apple TV on all devices that have this app. At launch, it was only available on iPad, iPhone, Mac and Apple TV. But since then Apple has decided to run it on other platforms. Apple has realized that while they hold a huge market share in the U.S., they will need to make it available to Android users in the U.S. and around the world. So they did just that.
Here are all the devices compatible with Apple TV Plus:
- Apple TV (4K, HD and 3rd generation)
- Roku (most models)
- Amazon Fire TV (most models)
- Google TV (from Chromecast)
- Samsung Smart TVs (2018 or later)
- Sony Smart TVs
- Vizio Smart TVs
- LG Smart TVs (2019 or later)
- Mac (macOS Catalina 10.15 or higher)
- PC (browser only)
- Android (browser only)
- Android TV (version 8 or higher)
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series S
What movies and TV shows are available on Apple TV Plus?
Here’s the big question. What content is available on Apple TV Plus? Remember that Apple TV Plus does not license content from other studios – this will put them in a war of bidding with other streaming services and is likely to raise prices. Therefore, all content on Apple TV Plus is ordered by Apple itself. And it also means that content won’t leave Apple TV Plus unless they drop a service like Ping.
Here are some great shows and movies available on Apple TV Plus:
- Morning show: Indifferent is the candid drama that looks at the modern workplace through the prism of people helping to awaken America by pulling back the curtain in front of morning television.
- Ted Lasso: An American football coach is hired to run a British football team; what he lacks in knowledge, he fills with optimism, determination and cookies.
- Rest: Mark leads a team of office workers whose memories have been surgically divided between work and personal life; when a mysterious colleague appears out of work, he begins a journey to learn the truth about his work.
- We crashed: A love story at the center of the rise and fall of one of the most valuable startups in the world. WeWork is growing from a single coworking to a global brand worth $ 47 billion in less than a decade. Then, less than a year later, his score plummeted.
- Central Park: A cartoon series with a voice cast that includes Josh Gad and Kristen Bell.
- Among many others.
Apple TV Plus was launched just before the 2020 pandemic, which forced many studios to close for months as a blockade took place around the world. So for a while on Apple TV Plus there wasn’t a lot of content. But now they release quite a lot of content. Including a couple of new documentaries every week. Documentaries such as “They Call Me Magic” and “The Long Game: More Than Basketball” will debut this Friday on Apple TV Plus.
So while the library is still quite small compared to Netflix or HBO MAX, it is growing and almost all the content is very popular. Which shows that Apple is doing the right thing. What provides and invests in content that people really want to see – unlike Netflix.
Major League Baseball on Apple TV Plus
Earlier this year, Apple announced that it had received the rights to show some MLB games on Apple TV Plus this year. The 2022 season will air MLB games on Friday nights throughout the season. These games will be broadcast in the US, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico and South Korea, and other countries will be added later.
Apple TV Plus is also going to launch a 24-hour channel that will show MLB news, highlights, replays of games, classic games and more. An on-demand MLB program will also be available.
Apple said these games are available at no extra cost, which probably means that in the future they will pay more for these sports. This should come as no surprise given how expensive sports rights are.
Apple TV channels
The channels aren’t actually part of the streaming service, but they are in the Apple TV app. It’s very similar to Google TV. Where you can add your subscriptions and even subscribe via Apple TV, which makes it easier to suspend or cancel services. This allows you to combine all your streaming services into one app – the Apple TV app. This is exactly what Google TV wants.
However, not all streaming services are compatible with the Apple TV application, here is the full list:
- Acorn TV
- A&E Crime Central
- Allblk (formerly Urban Movie Channel)
- AMC Plus
- Apple TV Plus
- Arrow video channel
- Bet plus
- BFIPlayer Classics
- CBS Full Access
- Falling out of college humor
- Comedy Central Now
- Eros Now Select
- Hallmark movies now
- HBO (Limited)
- A repository of history
- IFC Films Unlimited
- Movie Club of Life
- Moonbug Kids
- MTV hits
- The TV goes out
- Paramount Plus
- PBS Living
- Show time
- Smithsonian Channel Plus
- Sundance now
- To taste
- Large collection of course signatures
- Faith and family
Should I subscribe to Apple TV Plus?
You may want to subscribe to Apple TV Plus. The amount of great content he already has and adds for just $ 5 is pretty impressive. And makes it the best price in streaming today. It would be nice for Apple TV Plus to add some licensed content from other studios, but it helps lower the price and keep its subscribers on the platform.
Although the title isn’t very pretty and can be confusing, embedding it in an Apple TV app that iOS users already use for other things is ingenious. This means that users can broadcast Apple TV Plus shows without even thinking about it. And since it’s only $ 5, many will sign up, will broadcast from time to time and never think about the need to cancel it.
Everything you need to know
Source link Everything you need to know