Some SEC football coaches will have hot spots in the 2022 season. Only one will be scorching, but several others will be of varying degrees of heat.
With the exception of Brian Harsin at Auburn, no one has a shot to the neck. But several SEC football coaches are in the “show us something” zone. How much needs to be shown depends on the situation in each school.
In the 2022 SEC season, there are three absolute untouchables. Together with KAZAL, Nick Saban, the champion of the country Kirby Smart and Mark Stoops works in Kentucky.
The league’s first coaches, Brian Kelly of LSU and Billy Napier of Florida, have typical wedding month situations in which anything that goes wrong can be blamed on their predecessor. This does not mean that Batan Rouge and Gainesville will not expect immediate results.
SEC Football East Division Hot Seats
Note: first place for the hottest seat and down to the “hard”
- Eli Drinwitz – Missouri Tigers – Drinkwitz went 5-5 and 6-7 in two seasons in Missouri. Another losing season and he may not make it to his fourth year in Colombia.
- Clark Lee – Vanderbilt Commodores – Even in Nashville 2-10 will not be cut. Wendy’s coaches never get a honeymoon because every four- to five-season coaching cycle for Dores doesn’t start with much optimism. Like most of Wendy’s coaches, Lee will have a four-year window if in 2022 there aren’t 2 or 3 more wins in a season, and then that window can shrink to three years.
- Josh Hoipel – Tennessee Volunteers – Knoxville is enthusiastic after 7-6 seasons. With the return of Hendon Hooker to QB the excitement could quickly fade if the Vols don’t get eight wins in the 22nd.
- Billy Napier – Florida Gators – Napier will get some time to recover, but even in his first year he has to show that he has chops to become the SEC head coach.
- Shane Beamer – South Carolina Gamecocks – Optimism abounds in Columbia. Beamer only has to produce another winning season.
- Mark Stups – Kentucky Wildcats – Again won 10 games at Lexington last season, including beating Iowa in the Outback Bowl, Stups in a good spot.
- Kirby Smart – Georgia Bulldogs – Kirby is safe in Athens.
SEC Coaching Hot Seats rating for ’22
Source link SEC Coaching Hot Seats rating for ’22