Early voting can be an easy and convenient way to avoid long queues at polling stations on election day.
During the early voting:
- Voters can vote at any open place for early voting in their constituency for several weeks.
- Voters can also register to vote in person anywhere for early voting in their constituency.
Early voting will begin on April 28 and end on May 14. You can take these few weeks to learn more about the candidates in your jurisdiction and make sure you are ready to run in the election.
Here’s how to find where you can vote in the early voting period, as well as some polling stations in Chatham, Durham, Johnston, Orange and Wake counties.
How to find polling stations using the voter record in NC
If you are registered to vote, you can visit vt.ncsbe.gov/RegLkup and find your voter list. You will need to fill in your first and last name, as well as the status of a voter who will be either “registered” or “removed or denied”.
If you registered to vote, here are some of the key information you will find:
countyA: By knowing which constituency you are registered in, you can determine where you can vote early.
Polling station on election dayA: Your polling station has a special polling station on election day (which can also be found in your voter record), but if you decide to vote early, you can vote anywhere for early voting in your constituency.
Sample newsletter: Find a sample ballot for future elections based on your polling station.
To learn more about how you can register to vote, visit the page newsobserver.com/news.
How to find a place for early voting in North Carolina
To find early voting options in your constituency, visit vt.ncsbe.gov/ossite.
You will use the drop-down box to select the registration district (which can be found in your voter record), then you will click the “Find Sites” button.
Here you will find up-to-date information on single early voting sites, daily opening hours, addresses and the Google Maps feature to get a route to the polling station.
Where to vote early in Chatham County, North Carolina
Here are the early voting sites in Chatham County:
- CCCC Building of Medical Sciences: 75 Ballentrae Ct. in Pittsburgh
- Agriculture and Chatham County Convention Center: 1192 US HWY 64 BUS WEST in Pittsburgh
- Goldstan Town Hall: 40A Coral Ave. in Goldstan
- New Hope Baptist Church: 581 New Hope Church Rd. in Apex
- Paul Braxton Gym: 115 S 3rd Ave. in the town of Seeler
Where to vote early in Durham County, North Carolina
Here are the early voting sites in Durham County:
- Durham Tech main campus: 1616 Cooper St. in Durham
- Eastern Regional Library: 211 Lick Creek Ln. in Durham
- Hainaut River Unitary Universal Society: 4907 Garrett Rd. in Durham
- Main library: 300 N. Roxboro St. in Durham
- NCCU Onestop: 640 Nelson St. in Durham
- Northern Regional Library: 221 Milton Rd. in Durham
- Southern Regional Library: 4505 S. Alston Ave. in Durham
- River Church: 4900 Prospectus Dr. in Durham
Where to vote early in Johnston County, North Carolina
Here are the early voting sites in Johnston County:
- The Archer Lodge community building: 14009 Buffalo Rd. in Clayton
- Cleveland Community Church: 8246 Cleveland Rd. in Smithfield
- The first center of ministry of the Baptist Church: 125 S. Fourth Street in Smithfield
- Catholic church at Clayton-Crossing: 11407 US 70 BUS HWY W in Clayton
Where to vote early in Orange County, North Carolina
Here are the early voting sites available to registered voters in Orange County:
- Carboro Town Hall Complex: 108 Bim Street in Carbara
- Chapel of the Cross: 304 E. Franklin St. in Chapel Hill
- DSS Orange Works instead of the BOE office: 113 Mayo St. in Hillsborough
- Efland Ruritan Club Building: 3009 Forrest Ave. in Efland
- Seymour Center: 2551 Homestead Rd. in Chapel Hill
Where to vote early in Wake County, NC
Here are the early voting sites available to registered voters in Wake County:
- California is the community center of Herbert S. Young101 101 Wilkinson Ave. in Cary
- CH – Chavis Community Center: Martin Luther King Boulevard, 505 in Raleigh
- CS – Cary Senior Center: 120 Maury Odell Pl. in Kerry
- HT – Hilltop Needmore City Park and Preserve: 4621 Shady Greens Dr. in Fuquay Varina
- HP – Northern Regional Center: 350 E. Holding Ave. in Wake Forest
- OP – Community Center “Optimist”.: 5900 Whittier Dr. in Raleigh
- TG – Thomas G. Crowder Woodland Center: 5611 Jaguar Park Dr. in the Role
- Wake County Electoral Office: 1200 N. New Hope Rd. in the Role
Where to vote early in Wake, Durham, Orange, Johnston NC 2022
Source link Where to vote early in Wake, Durham, Orange, Johnston NC 2022